India's Blog

Knowledge come from learning. Wisdom comes from living.

Week 5 Writing Challenge

March2

I looked down in disbelief, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I stared down at the dead body before my feet. The torchlight flickered in the darkness, shadows bouncing of the rough stone walls. I had been walking for hours, I had probably already walked a few miles through the dark tunnels. It was very quiet in the tunnel however, the quietness presently made me notice more quiet, eerie sounds. I was starting to sweat, the unpleasant smelling substance dribbled down my face and onto my white collar. I could hear my own every move, every breath that I took, every drip of sweat dribbling down my face, yet I carried on through the tunnel. My hands trembled, I felt like someone, or something was watching me. I stood nearer the wall, ready to run, but there was no time. In an instant I was on the floor, with no understanding of who or what wanted me. Suddenly everything went black and I felt a shear of pain.

I slowly opened my eyes, aware of someone watching me. I tried to sit up, but something was holding me back although nothing was attached to me. I peered down at my body. I screamed an ear-piercing shriek, looking down at myself with a dagger beside me and blood glistening all over my chest. I tried to shout for help, but no noise came out. Eventually a sudden bitter, gnawing chill invaded my body and a crawling darkness filled my mind, and slowly but steadily my life drained away…

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar